We reserve the right at any time to:
Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; or
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by means including, without limitation, posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement.
1. Materials. The information and materials provided through the Site (the “Materials”), are intended to educate and inform you about potential scholarship opportunities for exceptional Asian and Pacific Islander Americans with financial need. You may use the Materials solely for purposes of determining eligibility for a scholarship and for applying for a scholarship. By acquiring or using the Materials, you agree to such terms and conditions.
3. Code of Conduct. While using the Site and/or Materials, you agree not to:
Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site;
Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
Engage in spamming or flooding;
Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site;
Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site or Materials;
“Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents; or
Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent.
While using the Site and/or Materials, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
4. Information Provided by APIA Scholas. Although APIA Scholas strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, laws, regulations, data and other information change frequently and are subject to varying interpretations. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although APIA Scholas endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete. In addition, portions of the Materials have been contributed to the Site by third parties. The inclusion of such information does not indicate any approval or endorsement of such third parties, and APIA Scholas expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the foregoing.
APIA Scholas has endeavored to comply with legal and ethical requirements known to the APIA Scholas personnel who compiled this Site, but APIA Scholas is not engaged in rendering legal, tax or other professional services, and availability or use of the Materials is not intended to create, and does not create, any professional services relationship. Use of the Materials is not an adequate substitute for obtaining legal, tax or other professional advice from a licensed provider in your jurisdiction. You agree you will not act or refrain from acting based on any of the Materials without first seeking the services of a competent professional.
6. Ownership and Restrictions on Use. The Site is owned and operated by APIA Scholas in conjunction with others pursuant to contractual arrangements, and the Materials (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of APIA Scholas. The Materials and the selection, compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute Materials or other content or information available on or through the Site in any way without our prior written permission. The Materials may be used solely to the extent necessary for your authorized use of the Site, as provided in this Agreement or as expressly authorized in writing by APIA Scholas or, if so indicated in writing by APIA Scholas, its licensors or suppliers. Modification of the Materials or use of the Materials for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or the Materials.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of APIA Scholas. The Trademarks owned by APIA Scholas, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not APIA Scholas’, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages APIA Scholas. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of APIA Scholas, APIA Scholas’ licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and APIA Scholas will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
7. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is solely directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that Materials available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program, film or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program, film or other product that we provide.
8. Termination. This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to the other party. In addition, we reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
9. Disclaimers. THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, APIA SCHOLARS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. APIA SCHOLARS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF APIA SCHOLARS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
A possibility exists that the Site or Materials could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized alterations could be made by third parties to the Site or Materials. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of the Site, we make no guarantees as to the Site’s completeness or correctness. In the event that a situation arises in which the Site’s completeness or correctness is in question, please contact us at email@example.com with, if possible, a description of the material to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the Site, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you. We will try to address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable.
10. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER APIA SCHOLARS NOR ANY ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR ANY LINKED SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR MATERIALS, OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold APIA Scholas and its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement; and/or (b) your activities in connection with the Site.
12. Questions. The Site is provided by APIA Scholas. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Agreement or the Site, feel free to contact us at 1850 M St. NW Suite 245 Washington, D.C. 20036 (202) 986-6892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Miscellaneous. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the District of Columbia, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral Agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with APIA Scholas’ prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.