Important Update for the AANAPISI Scholarship:
Applicants can now apply for the AANAPISI and APIA Scholarship using the same application.
The AANAPISI Scholarship application will now follow the same timeline as the APIA Scholarship.
The applications for the AANAPISI Scholarship will open September 7, 2022 and awarded scholarships will be disbursed late summer 2023 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
ABOUT THE AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP
The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity, and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIA Scholars AANAPISI partner campuses listed below.
The AANAPISI Scholarship online application opens on September 7, 2022, and closes on January 19th at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards.
APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who live at or below the poverty level or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status; are the first in their families to attend college; are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity. Strong applicants would also have an emphasis on community service, leadership, and academic achievement.
AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Be able to describe your ethnicity, heritage, or ancestry in relation to the countries, territories, or lands in Asia or the Pacific Islands
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student, in an undergraduate degree-seeking program, at one of APIA Scholars AANAPISI Partner Institutions, during the 2023 Fall Semester
View Our Partner AANAPISI Institutions
- Have applied for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2023-2024 academic year, by April 2023. Applicants do not necessarily need to have received federal financial aid to be eligible for a scholarship from APIA Scholars. Go to fafsa.gov for more information.
- Please note the following:
- Full-time enrollment and degree-seeking status is defined by the guidelines set by the institution’s Registrar’s Office.
- Non-degree seeking students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are NOT eligible to apply.
- When you apply, you can be a part-time student, however, you must be enrolled full-time upon receipt of funding.
- Solely online students are not eligible to apply. If you are enrolled in online and on ground courses, no more than 1/2 of your courses can be online. *Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are waiving this requirement for the 2023-2024 academic year.
HOW TO APPLY
The AANAPISI Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access.
Need some tips on how to prepare for the application? View our Applicant Resources.
Please review our detailed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to see if your question has been answered.
If your question is not within the FAQs, please contact email@example.com.
The APIA AANAPISI Scholarship Program is supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, Hilton Worldwide, Walmart Foundation, The Walt Disney Company, and Wells Fargo.