Important Update for the AANAPISI Scholarship:
Applicants can now apply for the AANAPISI and APIA Scholarship using the same application.
The AANAPISI Scholarship application will now follow the same timeline as the APIA Scholarship.
The applications for the AANAPISI Scholarship will open September 13, 2023 and awarded scholarships will be disbursed late summer 2024 for the 2024-2025 academic year.
ABOUT THE AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP
The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity, and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIA Scholars AANAPISI partner campuses listed below.
The AANAPISI Scholarship online application opens on September 13, 2023, and closes on January 9, 2024 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $10,000 awards.
APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who live at or below the poverty level or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status; are the first in their families to attend college; are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity. Strong applicants would also have an emphasis on community service, leadership, and academic achievement.
AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Be able to describe your ethnicity, heritage, or ancestry in relation to the countries, territories, or lands in Asia or the Pacific Islands
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree-seeking program, at one of APIA Scholars AANAPISI Partner Institutions, during the 2024 Fall Semester. Part time students are now eligible to apply.
View Our Partner AANAPISI Institutions
- Have applied for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2024-2025 academic year, by April 2024. Applicants do not necessarily need to have received federal financial aid to be eligible for a scholarship from APIA Scholars. Go to fafsa.gov for more information.
- Please note the following:
- Non-degree seeking students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are NOT eligible to apply.
- Solely online students are now eligible to apply for the AANAPISI scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
The AANAPISI Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access.
Need some tips on how to prepare for the application? View our Applicant Resources.
The APIA AANAPISI Scholarship Program is supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, Hilton Worldwide, Walmart Foundation, The Walt Disney Company, and Wells Fargo.