ABOUT THE APIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, (geographically and ethnically}, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed a strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
HOW TO APPLY
The APIA Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access. The application will be available for the 2020-2021 academic year from September 4, 2019 until January 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
If you need some tips on helping you prepare to apply, please check out our Applicant Resources.
APIA SCHOLARS MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2020.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2020-2021 academic year using the Free Application for the Federal Student Aid (FASFA) by early April 2020
- Submit one letter of recommendation online
The APIA Scholarship Program is supported by 3M, AT&T, Bank of Hope, The Coca-Cola Foundation, Cox Enterprises, FedEx, First Republic Bank, MGM International, MUFG-Union Bank, NBCUniversal, Target, Toyota, United Health Foundation, The Walt Disney Company, and Wells Fargo.