ABOUT THE APIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The APIA Scholarship is our largest scholarship program, open to AANHPI undergraduate students attending any U.S. accredited university or college. Scholarship amounts range from $2,500 one-year awards to $20,000 multi-year awards. APIA Scholars has a special focus on supporting AANHPI students who live at or below the poverty line; are in the first generation of their family to attend college; are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, (geographically and ethnically}, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity. Strong applicants would also have an emphasis on community service and leadership.
APIA SCHOLARS MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR 2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR:
- Be able to describe your ethnicity, heritage, or ancestry in relation to the countries, territories, or lands in Asia or the Pacific Islands
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling or continuing as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in Fall 2023
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted), or equivalent, or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2023-2024 academic year using the Free Application for the Federal Student Aid (FASFA) by early April 2023
HOW TO APPLY:
The APIA Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. However, once an application is submitted, you are not able to edit it.
The application will be available for the 2023-2024 academic year from September 7, 2022, until January 19, 2023, at 5:00 PM Eastern.
The Recommender deadline is one week earlier: January 12, 2023, at 5PM Eastern.
If you need some tips on helping you prepare to apply, please check out our Applicant Resources.
Please review our detailed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to see if your question has been answered.
If your question is not within the FAQs, please contact email@example.com.
The APIA Scholarship Program is supported by 3M, The Coca-Cola Foundation, Cox Enterprises, Edison International, FedEx, First Republic Bank, McDonald’s, MUFG-Union Bank, Nakupuna Foundation, NBCUniversal, Orchid Giving Circle, Target, Toyota, United Health Foundation, The Walt Disney Company, and Wells Fargo.