Title: Director of Scholarship Operations
Reporting to: Vice President of Scholarships
Start date: November 1, 2023
Location: Washington, DC
Salary range: $72,000-$108,000
Job classification: Full-time, exempt; Hybrid
The Director of Scholarship Operations manages the administration and daily operations of scholarship and emergency grant solutions offered by APIA Scholars, including the APIA General Scholarship and AANAPISI Scholarship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the scholarship management team to ensure scholarship and emergency grant solutions are implemented based on donor guidelines and industry best practices.
- Manages and serves as the expert on the end to end process for the solution cycle including discovery, application, scoring and evaluation, selection, and disbursement including renewals, tracking of students, and reporting.
- Oversees the customer service function for students and parents.
- Works closely with technology vendors that are a part of scholarship operations including Salesforce.
- Develops and improves workflows and processes to be more efficient including working with cross-functional teams in finance, development, and research.
- Implements quality assurance practices and ensures that the integrity and confidentiality of data is maintained based on APIA Scholars policies and procedures.
- Undertake all other assignments directed by manager or supervisor
Qualifications and Education
- BA/BS’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of years of related work experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with a strong eye for detail, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing and completing complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and guidance with new systems, processes, and technology.
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite of Programs, with high competency in Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “<YOUR NAME> Director of Scholarship Operations” in the subject line for consideration.
What we offer
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. APIA Scholars provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, 401k, life insurance, a 4-day work week, and generous paid leave including 15 vacation days, 10 sick leave days, federal holidays, and an additional one-week winter closure. APIA Scholars provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About APIA Scholars
Based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 2003, APIA Scholars (Asian Pacific Islander American Scholars) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization devoted to the academic, personal, and professional success of Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander students. We celebrate our community of students whose unique stories, rich cultures, and diverse perspectives equip them to be the leaders of tomorrow. Through scholarships, higher education research and policy, and institutional partnerships, APIA Scholars carries out its mission to educate, elevate, and empower a diverse community of 25 million strong and growing.