Title: Director of Development
Reporting to: Associate Vice President of Development
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $72,000 – $108,000
Job classification: Full-time, exempt; Hybrid
The Director of Development is a creative and collaborative self-starter with a proven track record in nonprofit fundraising. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience managing strategic relationships with corporate, foundation, and/or individual donors. In their role, the Director of Development will work across the organization to support the successful execution of a multi-million-dollar fundraising plan. As the Director of Development, your duties and responsibilities will primarily include the following, but other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Strategy & Execution
- Inform and support the Development strategy set by the Associate Vice President of Development to successfully execute a multi-million-dollar fundraising plan with the Development team for APIA Scholars.
- Build upon the strategy and execution of APIA Scholars’ sponsorship opportunities across scholarships, programs and events, research and policy, and general operations.
- Manage a portfolio of strategic partners including Fortune 500 companies and foundations.
- Lead and maintain strategic framework for donor recognition and stewardship.
- Provide support to increase online fundraising, major/high net worth donors, partnerships/sponsorships, and grants.
- Execute strategy for a robust pipeline of new funder prospects.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the development department.
- Supervise full-time Development staff in support of annual fundraising goals.
- Liaise between Development and other departments to ensure seamless and inclusive grants management.
- Drive collaboration with Applied Research, Innovations, Scholarships, and Marketing & Communications teams to develop strategy for funder alignment with departmental goals.
Grant Proposals & Reports
- Craft grant proposals that represent the vision, mission, and values of APIA Scholars.
- Collaborate across APIA Scholars’ Finance, Operations, Innovations, Communications, Scholarships, and Applied Research departments to successfully shepherd reports and new grant opportunities.
- Coach and support development team members towards successfully completing grants and reports.
Professionalism and Teamwork
- Support interdepartmental collaboration, and contribute to a culture of transparency, teamwork, openness to suggestions, and constructive criticism.
- Convey professionalism and excellence through virtual, in-person, written and verbal communications with high-level donors and prospects.
- Utilize sound judgment and the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding APIA Scholars’ donor information.
- Strong commitment to excellence in the delivery of external facing collateral, proposals, reports.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and supervise full-time Development staff members with excellence in cultivation and stewardship of donors.
Qualifications and Education
- BA/BS’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of years of related work experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with a strong eye for detail, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing and completing complex tasks.
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite of Programs, with high competency in Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, with strong eye for detail, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks.
How To Apply
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Drew.Murray@trustpoint.one with “<YOUR NAME> Director of Development” in the subject line for consideration. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.