What is the Annual Survey?
The Annual Survey will examine the higher education experience of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) students from college access to transition into the workforce and identify challenges, barriers, needs, and potential supports to increase AANHPI success. The findings from this survey will inform the “State of AANHPIs in Higher Education” Report, and will help to inform APIA Scholars’ work in supporting our Scholars and AANHPI students.
Who can take the survey?
- AANHPI high school and college students who started or submitted an application for the APIA Scholarship during the 2022-23 APIA Scholarship application cycle
- Current APIA Scholars and Gates Millennium Scholars
- Alumni of APIA Scholars and Gates Millennium Scholars
Why should I participate?
- No one knows the college experience better than students—your voices matter!
- Your participation will bring visibility to the diversity of experiences among AANHPI communities
- Your responses will help APIA Scholars, policymakers, and colleges and universities better understand how to support and uplift AANHPI college students
How do I participate?
- You will receive an email with a personal link and instructions to access the survey
- Complete the survey between March 14—April 18th
What are the benefits of participating?
- The first 200 respondents who complete the survey will receive a $25 Amazon gift card
- If you complete the survey, you will be entered into a raffle to win a prizes such as a $250 Apple gift card and a roundtrip Southwest Airlines voucher.
- Please note that completing the survey will not impact your chances of receiving an APIA Scholarship in current or future application cycle.
What about my data and privacy?
- Your participation and responses will be strictly CONFIDENTIAL, meaning that your decision to participate will not be shared with anyone, including your
parents/guardians and your school
- When you submit survey answers, they are stored in a secure database
- The collection of your email address and name at the beginning of the survey is used only to access the survey and save your responses. Email addresses and names will also be used for the identifying raffle and prize winners.
- All individual identifiers are removed from the data prior to data analysis. This means that information about you (including your name) will not be linked to your survey answers during data analysis
- Your responses are combined with those of other respondents and summarized collectively, protecting your anonymity
- No one other than the APIA Scholars research team has access to data collected for this survey, meaning that parents/guardians, school administrators, and other students cannot access participant responses
What if I change my mind about participating?
- That’s totally okay! The survey is completely voluntary, and you do not have to participate
- If you do choose to take the survey, you may exit at any time