Elevating Leaders Summit
August 4 – 7, 2020 Daily Schedule
- 2:00 – 2:30 PM EST: Welcome Chat: APIA Scholars video plays as Scholars join and engage with each other and guests in the chat feature
- 2:30 – 3:30 PM EST: Whole Group Session (all 100+ Scholars, Group Facilitators, Guests, Staff are able to join/view content)
- 3:30 – 4:30 PM EST: Small Group Discussion Sessions (lead by Group Facilitators)
- 4:30 – 5:00 PM EST: Continue the Conversation: Scholars can continue the conversation in the chat following the conclusion of small groups
- Day 1 – August 4th : Our Community, Our Goals: Scholars will be welcomed to the APIA Scholars community. They’ll hear from the organization’s leaders, meet the Scholar Advisory Committee representatives, and learn about cultivating mindsets that value their strengths. They’ll also reflect on and set goals they want to establish for themselves in their college journey.
- Day 2 – August 5th : Overcoming Challenges Together: Scholars will listen to the experiences of four APIA Scholar panelists as they discuss the challenges they encountered during their college career and how they overcame these challenges. Q & A will be available at the end of the panel.
- Day 3 – August 6th : Learning to Navigate Systems: Colleges and Universities operate as systems and it is helpful to understand these systems to successfully navigate them. This round table discussion will feature 3 APIA Scholars as they share their experiences and strategies for advocating for yourself within this larger context.
- Day 4 – August 7th : My Leadership is My Brand: All APIA Scholars are leaders in their own way. Listen to panelists from Wells Fargo as they discuss ways that Scholars can start building their unique leadership brand and be confident in who they are as they start classes this fall.
*Link to the ELS Microsite will be available on August 3rd*