APIA Scholars’ vision is to create opportunities for all Asian and Pacific Islander Americans to have access to higher education and resources. If you’re interested in helping to bring that vision to life, take a look at our open positions and we look forward to connecting further.
APIA Scholars is seeking a creative communications DIRECTOR who will be responsible for leading the day to day communications efforts for the organization. The role will be responsible for monthly newsletters, electronic communications, social media, outreach for events, and supporting the communications needs of other departments. The communications director will report directly to APIA Scholars’ Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and Communications. Out of the box thinkers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Help implement communications strategies
- Manage and send monthly electronic newsletters to stakeholders
- Lead all Social Media efforts on behalf of the organization, and individual department goals
- Develop and track the effectiveness of social media content, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Help with design elements of reports and event program books
- Support other departments with outreach and collateral materials
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major in Communications, English, Education, Psychology, or related fields preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in communications or outreach preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong writing and copyediting skills
- Ability to creatively present stories and information
- Experience with social media platforms and strategies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communications, and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Experience with Constant Contact or other email marketing software a plus
- Experience with graphic design software a plus
- Familiarity with the diversity and scope of the Asian and Pacific Islander American communities a plus
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, one short writing sample, and one sample social media content or creative to John Tobe at email@example.com with “Communications Director” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Provide three professional or academic references. APIA Scholars will not contact your references without your permission.